Pupil Premium Strategy Statement
At Woodfall Primary and Nursery School we have high aspirations and ambitions for our children and we believe that no child should be left behind. We are determined to ensure that our children are given every chance to realise their full potential and we do this by ensuring our learning is inspiring, challenging and fun.
The Government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for free school meals (FSM) and their wealthier peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.
In the 2021 to 2022 financial year, schools will receive the following funding for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years:
- £1,345 for pupils in Reception year to Year 6
Schools will also receive £2,345 for each pupil who has left local-authority care because of 1 of the following:
- a special guardianship order
- a child arrangements order
- a residence order
ELIGIBILITY FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS AND PUPIL PREMIUM
You may qualify if you are a parent, guardian or carer and receive one of the following:
- Income Support (IS) or you are a pupil receiving the benefit in your own right
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999; or
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Children who get any of the above benefits in their own right (ie they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.
YOU CAN CHECK IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE ONLINE HERE:
OR GET IN TOUCH WITH BENEFITS INFORMATION
- Email: Benefits@cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk
- Telephone: 0300 123 7021, Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm
- By post: Revenues and Benefits Department, PO Box 187, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH34 9DB
If your child does not have Free School Meals but may be eligible because of your family’s income level, please contact the office (in confidence) to register them. Even if you do not wish them to have the meals, this would mean the school could still claim Pupil Premium Funding that may be used to help your child.
It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium, allocated to schools per FSM pupil, is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility. However they will be held accountable for how they have used the additional funding to support pupils from low income families. From September 2016, schools are required to publish a Pupil Premium Strategy. This will ensure that parents are fully informed about the amount of allocation, barriers faced by eligible pupils, how the funding is to be spent, how impact will be measured and the date the strategy will be reviewed. We also need to include how the allocation was spent for the previous year and its impact on eligible and other pupils. Our key objective in using the Pupil Premium Grant is to diminish the differences between pupil groups.
As a school we consistently track all groups of pupils to ensure that they make good or better progress. Through targeted interventions we are working to eliminate barriers to learning and progress. For new entrants that start with low attainment on entry, our aim is to ensure that they make accelerated progress in order to reach age related expectations as they move through the school. Once at age related expectations we always continue to extend that learning further to ensure that they reach higher levels of attainment. We closely monitor how we are spending the allocated funds to ensure they are having an impact on pupil premium pupils’ achievement.