Special diets are catered for, if your child has a medical reason for their special diet requirement please provide a letter from the hospital outlining their requirements.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to view our current menu.
Dinner Money Charges
Infant Department (Reception - Year 2)
Universal Infant Free School Meals
From September 2014, all state funded INFANT children (ie those in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2) will be entitled to receive a free school lunch.
We are aware that not all parents will wish to take up this entitlement. In order for us to ensure we prepare the correct number of meals each day your child will be asked during registration if they are having a hot dinner and if so their choice from that day’s menu or if they have brought a packed lunch from home.
School Meal Cost = £2.30 (September 2020)
School meals should be paid for in advance, either weekly or half-termly as follows:
Week = £ 11.50
Can we please remind parents:
- Lunch money should be paid in advance on a Monday morning. If you wish your child to take a meal on an ad hoc basis we suggest you send in £11.50 which will be credited to their account and would enable them to take a lunch on 5 occasions.
- Methods of payment outlined below:
Online using Parentpay
We will also accept cheques into the office, made payable to: Cheshire West and Chester Council
Unfortunately, due to a change in CWAC’s banking policy, we will no longer be able to accept cash for school meals.
- Cheques sent into school must be in a sealed envelope clearly marked with your child’s name and year group and the amount enclosed. If you require a supply of envelopes please ask at the school office.
- Families with more than one child in school can send in one cheque indicating on the envelope how the money is to be divided between each child’s account.
- Please post all dinner money payments in the ‘posting box’ inside the main entrance. Payments can be sent in with your child via the classroom.
- Please avoid sending £2.30 in daily
School Meals Debt Statement for Parents / Carers
Woodfall Primary School adopts a strict NO DEBT policy relating to school meals.
If debts are incurred the school budget has to pay for them. This means that money which should be spent on the children’s education is used to pay for debts incurred by parents/carers. I am sure you will all agree that this is unacceptable and we request that all parents/carers give this their full support.
If parents/carers believe that their children may qualify for Pupil Premium (Free School Meals ) please contact the Benefits Section on 0300 123 7039. Help is available with your application either at the school office or by contacting the above number.
Children will not be provided with a school lunch unless it is paid for, except those that are entitled to Pupil Premium.
If a parent genuinely forgets to pay in advance, the school may grant a debt allowance of 1 meal. However this debt must be paid the following day and future meals must be paid in advance before any further meal is provided.
If the debt is not cleared parents must provide a packed lunch. In a case when a debt payment is not received nor a packed lunch provided, the school will phone the parent to ask them to come to school with the money or ask them to pay online immediately.
If payment of the debt is not received by the next day, the Headteacher reserves the right to begin legal proceedings against parents/carers to recover the debt.
We hope that by implementing the above we are able to help parents / carers manage school dinner money better and at the same time ensure that all money that is for children’s learning is available.
The school chefs are available daily between 9.15 and 11.30 a.m. if you wish to discuss your child's school meals.
For information on how to apply for free school meals, please click on the following link: